|Job Title||Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) Technician|
|Reports to||General Manager|
||Permanent Full Time|
The CADD Technician, working in collaboration with and in support of the design team, is responsible for generating detailed mechanical & plumbing designs and drawings, concepts, equipment installation details, and construction documents surrounding the design of recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) and aquaponics systems. The candidate will be involved in creating new and modifying existing mechanical drawings in both 2D and 3D.
He/she may also be required to actively participate in R&D projects to further advance our capabilities in both current and future aquaponics projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare concepts, sketches, and outline specifications.
- Generation of CAD models of mechanical systems (P&IDs, plumbing and equipment layouts), detailed drawings, and construction documents.
- Coordination of CAD models with those of external partners, and supporting Building Information Model (BIM) development
- Maintain and cultivate a positive, constructive and team spirited work atmosphere.
- Must be highly organized with a strong sense of ownership.
- Must be adaptable to working in a high-pressure work environment with tight schedules and multiple or conflicting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office 365.
- Proven experience with CAD drawing techniques & standards with demonstrated history in Autodesk products (such as AutoCAD) or similar.
- Experience with Autodesk BIM products is an asset.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) Technician diploma or equivalent.
- Preference given to those with Process Piping Drafting Certification.
Able to communicate effectively in the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or listen.
The employee will be expected to work in an office environment and may be expected to travel occasionally to international destinations.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply For Position
To apply for this position, please respond to this posting and submit your resume and covering letter. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PR Aqua is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will be considered. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.