|Job Title||Project Engineer|
|Reports to||General Manager|
The Project Engineer, working in collaboration with and supporting the senior design members, is responsible for planning, executing and producing designs and documentation required for the construction of recirculating aquaculture/aquaponics systems (RAS). Details focused, the Project Engineer will use his/her skills to engineer complex process water treatment systems, and to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
He/she will also be required to actively participate in R&D projects to further advance our capabilities and to advance RAS technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist senior team members in the development of design and documentation of engineered process water treatment systems for aquaculture and aquaponics facilities.
- Develop process designs including the development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), mass balance calculations to set key design parameters, equipment selection, hydraulic calculations, and definition of instrumentation and control logic.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, studies, reports, manuals, and other deliverables as required in support of acquiring or executing project work.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of engineering calculation tools and the engineering technical library to streamline design efforts and build the corporate knowledge base.
- Support the Sales team by providing equipment sizing, performance calculations, and technical data such as drawings and specifications.
- Provide occasional on-site technical support as needed for products and engineered systems. Support may be in the form of data collection, systems evaluation, construction inspection, system commissioning, operator training, and issue troubleshooting.
- Maintain and cultivate a positive, constructive and team spirited work atmosphere.
- Must be highly organized with a strong sense of ownership.
- Must be adaptable to working in a high-pressure work environment with tight schedules and multiple or conflicting priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office 365.
- Experience with Autodesk products (such as AutoCAD, Inventor) or similar.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Civil) or equivalent.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in process design and/or project engineering.
- Background in the construction industry and/or the aquaculture industry is considered an asset.
Able to communicate effectively in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or listen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be expected to work in an office environment and may be expected to travel occasionally to international destinations.
Apply For Position
To apply for this position, please respond to this posting and submit your resume and covering letter. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PR Aqua is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will be considered. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.