|Job Title||Engineering Technologist|
|Reports to||General Manager|
The Engineering Technologist, working in collaboration with and in support of the design team, is responsible for preparing detailed designs, drawings, specifications, equipment installation details, and construction documents surrounding the design of recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) and respective componentry. The candidate will be required to interface in both 3D and 2D CAD.
They may also be required to actively participate in R&D projects to further advance our capabilities in both current and future aquaculture projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate and coordinate design process with other in-house design disciplines.
- Provide support to Mechanical Design Engineer for review and analysis of product needs & requirements.
- Prepare design documents including product installation drawings, detailed component drawings, and specifications.
- Assist Procurement on matters dealing with cost or lead time improvement and the sourcing of special or new components and assemblies.
- Generate 3D CAD models, detailed drawings, and construction documents.
- Coordinate with other consultants and contractors throughout the project.
- Assist in maintenance or creation of customer specifications and O&M manuals.
- Prepare product data submittals for engineering review and submission to customer.
- Facilitate communication of product specification to procurement team.
- Assist in the maintenance of the engineering parts master library.
- Provide occasional on-site technical support as needed for engineered systems. Support may be in the form of data collection, systems evaluation, inspection, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
- Generate meticulous, detailed, and thorough documentation.
- Maintain and cultivate a positive, constructive, and team spirited work atmosphere.
- Must be highly organized with a strong sense of ownership.
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proven experience in both 2D and 3D CAD drawing techniques & standards with demonstrated history in Autodesk products (such as AutoCAD, Inventor) or similar.
- Experience with Plant 3D is considered an asset.
- Admin level expertise with AutoCAD is considered an asset.
- Experience with Autodesk BIM products is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of GD&T is considered an asset.
- Must be adaptable to working in a high-pressure work environment with tight schedules and multiple or conflicting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office 365.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering Technologist diploma or greater.
- Three to five years’ experience in preparing and documenting mechanical designs.
Able to communicate effectively in the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or listen.
The employee will be expected to work in an office environment and may be expected to travel occasionally to international destinations.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply For Position
To apply for this position, please respond to this posting and submit your resume and covering letter. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PR Aqua is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will be considered. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.